The National Parks Service will hold its first free parks entrance day in 2017 on Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Jan. 16).
“Fee-free days make parks accessible to more people,” the Parks Service writes on its site.
In total, there are 10 free entrance days in 2017. Other expense-free days include:
- Jan. 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Feb. 20: Presidents’ Day
- April 15-16 and 22-23: Weekends of National Park Week
- Aug. 25: National Park Service Birthday
- Sept. 30: National Public Lands Day
- Nov. 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
With more than 400 national parks in the United States, only 120 parks regularly charge admission. The Park Service celebrated it’s 100th anniversary in 2016.
There are five national parks in Utah: Arches National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Capitol Reef National Park and Zion National Park. Learn more about Utah’s national parks here.