Utahns aren’t that stressed out according to a recent WalletHub study.
Compared to the 50 states as well as the District of Columbia, Utah ranked 47th as the most stressed state or the 5th least stressed state in the United States. WalletHub studied the level of stress in the various states in part of April being Stress Awareness Month.
Using 33 key indicators of stress — including finances, relationships and crime rates — WalletHub determined Utah residents have it pretty good on the stress scale. Some key sub-rankings, with the scale being 1 as the most stressed and 51 being the least stressed, include:
- 51st – Average hours worked per week
- 45th – Share of adults getting adequate sleep
- 45th – Percent of adults in fair/poor health
- 42nd – Job security
- 35th – Median credit score
- 39th – Housing affordability
- 38th – Percent of population living below the poverty line
- 51st – Divorce rate
- 24th – Crime Rate per capita
- 40th – Psychologists per capita
See the entire study at wallethub.com.