The combination of lower interest rates and a slight economic slowdown have resulted in numbers consistent with home sales and listings in 1998 and 1999. Here are some highlights of the real estate market at the end of 2000, according to the Utah County Association of REALTORS.
• Just under 3,000 homes in Utah County were actively listed for sale at the end of 2000. Just more than 3,000 homes were sold during the 12 months of 2000.
• Just over 9 percent of all homes for sale got sold during December 2000.
• The average sales price for homes sold in December 2000 was $153,987, while the median sale was $137,612.
• The average listed sales price for Utah County homes in December 2000 was $225,000, while the median listing was $170,000.
• Nearly 600 homes for sale in Utah County are listed for sale above $250,000, while fewer than 25 homes in this price range were sold during December 2000. Just over 100 homes over $500,000 were for sale, with only 18 homes in this price range selling during all of 2000.
• Of homes that sold during December 2000, the average days on market was 94 days.
• Approximately 500 condos are currently for sale in Utah County; 65 condos sold in December 2000. Nearly 800 condos sold in Utah County during 2000, with the average sales price at $127,175.
• December 2000 had 10 percent more active listings than December 1999 had.