… of trash get hauled out of LaVell Edwards Stadium after every BYU football game. The Stadium of Fire usually yields 20-25 tons of trash.
… is the time it takes to clean LaVell Edwards Stadium after a football game.
… people clean up the stadium after each football game.
… full-time staff members are responsible for setup and maintenance of LaVell Edwards Stadium.
Source: Todd Munger, Stadium Manager
LaVell Edwards Stadium Concessions Items sold during one football game
• 5,378 water bottles
• 5,763 bags of chips
• 17,813 fountain drinks
• 1,305 hamburgers and cheeseburgers
• 9,733 hot dogs
• 1,833 slices of pizza
• 1,484 tubs of popcorn
Source: Aaron Black, General Manager of Concessions
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
[OCT. 1] Paint the Town Purple; Ribbon tying 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Historic County Courthouse in Provo.
[OCT. 8] 5K run at 4 p.m., UVSC. All proceeds will go the House of Hope. To register contact Susan at (801) 371-1195.
[OCT. 15] Domestic Violence Vigil honoring victims of domestic violence, 7 p.m., Provo Library at Academy Square.
[OCT. 24-25] Dollhouse Festival at the Provo Marriott. All proceeds will go to the Children’s Justice Center.
• In 2002 the Utah Domestic Violence Link line received 4,356 calls.
• The Center for Women and Children in Provo received 3,500 calls to their hotline in 2002 and sheltered 122 women and 141 children.
• In 2002 two Utah County women were murdered by their husbands.
• The Division of Child and Family Services in Utah County investigated 554 cases where children witnessed domestic violence in their homes.
• In 2002 the Orem Police Department had 590 cases of Domestic Violence, and the Provo Police Department had 510.
• In 2002 813 protective orders were filed in Utah County.
• ONE THIRD of women in Utah have experienced emotional abuse during the past year.
• 20 PERCENT of women in Utah say their children witness or hear verbal abuse, while 7 percent report their children witness or hear physical abuse.
If you or someone you know needs help call 1-800-897-LINK.