These seasonal family tradition ideas have both rhyme and reason. Take a look and see which ones you want to incorporate to your yearly lineup.
Fall in love with fall colors
• The Extravagant Way: Treat your family to dinner at Foundry Grill and then ride the Sundance lift to see the fall leaves.
• The Simple Way: Head up the nearest canyon and send your kids on a nature scavenger hunt collecting leaves and sticks. Bring your own picnic.
• Make it Special: Plan your trip at the beginning of the school year and take some time during your colorful outing to set school/work/family goals.
Enjoy spring flowers
• The Extravagant Way: Attend Thanksgiving Point’s Tulip Festival.
• The Simple Way: Head to your local greenhouse and admire the variety of plant varieties.
• Make it Special: Teach your kids responsibility and teamwork by having them pick which flowers to plant and then take turns watering the blossoms.
Take in some holiday lights
• The Extravagant Way: Trek to Salt Lake City to see the lights on Temple Square with hot chocolate in hand.
• The Simple Way: Pile the kids in the car and meander your way through Spanish Fork’s Festival of Lights.
• Make it Special: Listen to your family’s favorite Christmas music the entire way there.
Take a family hike every summer
• The Extravagant Way: Get the entire family to the top of Mount Timpanogos.
• The Simple Way: Stroll your way through Provo Canyon to Bridal Veil Falls.
• Make it Special: Give a prize to the first one who can spot wildlife. Plus, don’t forget to take a family photo at your destination.