I am a redhead and so are all four of my children. Three of those red-haired kids have blue eyes, a genetic combination so rare they might as well be tiny, mythical creatures. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, here are 12 leprechaun problems only redheads will understand.
1. You get annoyed when people talk about a redhead’s fiery temper.
That kind of talk makes you want to slap someone in the face.
2. You’ve got SPF 80 sunscreen in your car, your purse, your other purse, your backpack, your hiking backpack, your stroller, your diaper bag and your swim bag.
…On my face. You can’t help but roll your eyes when someone uses tanning oil with an SPF of 3.
3. Although he’s so tasty, you feel a bit guilty eating the Gingerbread Man.
Get it — because he’s a ginger too.
4. The name of your foundation sounds like an insult: “palest pale” or “very, very light.”
5. You don’t tan, but you do look a bit darker when all your freckles start blending together.
6. You felt betrayed when Lindsay Lohan dyed her hair blonde.
But, on second thought, the blondes can have her. Perhaps they’ll take Carrot Top as well?
7. You can’t date another redhead because everyone will assume you are siblings.
8. School colors and soccer uniforms are always inevitably red or maroon — the two colors that clash worst with your hair.
9. You’ve got your speech all worked out for why you need extra anesthetic at the dentist.
It’s a proven fact that redheads are more sensitive to pain!