In honor of National Proposal Day on Thursday, March 20, and because ring-by-spring fever is real, here is a list of signs that BYU students are desperate to get married.
1. You’ve made and distributed more than a few batches of cookies to different boy apartments.
Stores are low on butter and flour because of the amount of cookies you are making.
2. You’ve set up a savings account to purchase a diamond (or brought a diamond home from your mission).
Scout’s motto: “Always be prepared.”
3. You have your friends set you up on blind dates all the time.
4. You get excited each fall because a new crop of prospects will move into your complex.
If that doesn’t work out, you make plans to move.
5. You’ve anonymously posted multiple times to the BYU Crushes page.
There’s bound to be at least one marriage out of this page.
6. Your friends gave you a “Grow a Boyfriend” gift for your birthday.
7. You’ve considered pulling a Stuart Edge by proposing to strangers.
8. You study on the fifth floor in the library.
That is the, “I’m looking for an eternal companion floor,” right?
9. You enroll in Marriage Prep and Ballroom Dance.
10. You’ve used all your best pick-up lines.
11. You have multiple weddings planned on Pinterest.
If he’ll want a traditional wedding, you’re ready. Western theme — no problem.
12. You go around to girl apartments pretending you’re their new home teachers.
13. You’ve marked up your entire ward directory.
There is no problem in eliminating the already engaged ones.
14. You’ve significantly lowered the number of “must-have” qualities for your future spouse.
The list might have started with a solid 25 personality traits, but has now dropped to a solid 10…make that eight.
15. You study in buildings that you hope your future spouse is in.
Want a businessman? Then hang out in the Tanner Building. A elementary education major? The McKay Building is where you need to be.
16. You have DTRs with friends, acquaintances, people you barely know…
17. You’ve created a lengthy list of potential future children names.
18. You’ve read the BYU Dating Guide from cover to cover.
19. You keep a copy of Utah Valley Bride on the coffee table.
There’s nothing like a subtle hint for the menfolk.
20. You have this song as your ringtone.
Or not so subtle.