It’s not that you don’t love your kids. It’s just that three months is too long for summer vacation. Here are 10 signs you’re ready for your kids to go back to school.
1. You. Just. Cannot. Do. One. More. Kid. Craft. From. Pinterest.
2. Your ambitious family summer schedule that involved Reading! Writing! Dusting! And Math! Has been replaced with TV! iPad! More TV! And Video Games!
3. You can’t find your lawn under all the popsicle wrappers.
4. The neighbors’ kids have started calling you mom.
5. You wish people would stop shooting off fireworks so you could go to bed already.
6. You’ve finally recovered from your annual cryptosporidium infection from the public pool.
7. Your kids won’t eat any more shave ice.
8. You bought everyone a new backpack in July.
9. Instead of putting sunscreen on your kids, you’ve instructed them to not make eye contact with the sun.
10. You downloaded Handel’s “Hallelujah Chorus” on your phone. For no reason at all. Just because.
For those who don’t know, relief is on its way. The first day of school is Aug. 19 for the Provo, Alpine and Nebo school districts.