If you go…
When: Oct. 2 – Oct. 31 (Closed Sundays)
Where: Thanksgiving Point
Cost: $11.95 on weekdays and $13.95 on weekends
There will be mischief in the maze this year at Cornbelly’s.
And it’s all because this year’s theme is the lovable — yet impish — Minions from Universal Picture’s “Despicable Me” movies and “Minions.” These small, yellow creatures are helping Cornbelly’s celebrate its 20th anniversary.
“This year is very special because we are celebrating 20 years since we first introduced corn mazes to Utah,” said Brett Herbst, maze creator. “Though we’ve since gone on to create nearly 3,000 mazes in the last two decades for farms all over the world, it all began here in Utah and we want to thank our fans and make them the center of an extra-fun celebration this year.”
Tying in with the maze design will be a number of Minion and birthday-themed festivities, including: a Minion-themed game in the maze, character appearances, special photo opps & costume contests, outdoor showings of the movie, free birthday cake on opening day for first 250 people, free admission during opening weekend for anyone celebrating their 20th birthday or anniversary in October and more.
If playful isn’t the Halloween-themed activity you had in mind, Cornbelly’s has haunted attractions at Insanity Point that will make you jump out of your skin.
Besides the 12-acre corn maze and haunted feats there are 40 more fall attractions including the popular jack-o-lantern tree, pig races, singing chicken show, inflatables, live animal shows and more.
New to Cornbelly’s this year are the monkey and trick dog shows, apple blasters, farm golf, a zipline and more. Be sure to mark these special Cornbelly’s events on your calendar:
- Halloween Fireworks: Every Friday and Saturday night in October at 8:30 p.m.
- Insanity Point: Fridays, Saturdays, Mondays at dark, beginning Oct. 9
- Halloween Parade & Trick-or-Treat Trail: Oct. 10, 17, 24, 31 at 2 p.m.
- Pumpkin Princess Pageant: Oct. 10 at noon
- Doggie Howl-o-Ween: Oct. 15 with Air Mutts high flying dog tricks shows at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Plus, a dog costume and tricks-for-treats contest at 6:30 p.m.
- Air Mutts high flying tricks and diving dogs: Oct. 14–17 and 19 at 1 p.m., 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. (The 14th only has shows at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Wild About Monkeys: Oct. 23, 24 and 16 at 1 p.m., 4 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. (Mondays show is at 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.)
- Pumpkin Smash: Throughout the day on Oct. 31
Cornbelly’s will operate Oct. 2–31 from 4–9 p.m. Monday – Thursday and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and UEA days. It is closed Sundays. For more information, call 801-794-FARM (3276) or visit cornbellys.com.