On March 6, the Masterpiece series “Downton Abbey” aired its final episode. But while the series may be over, its timeless stories, unforgettable characters and swoon-worthy costumes will live in our hearts forever.
In honor of the Masterpiece series’ season finale, here’s our list of 12 times Downton Abbey perfectly described what it’s like to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
1. When someone new shows up at the singles ward.
2. When you hear someone say that they think general conference is boring.
3. When someone won’t stop speaking even though sacrament meeting was scheduled to end 10 minutes ago.
4. When something is funny but you can’t laugh because it’s a reverent moment.
5. When your home teachers come over and won’t stop talking.
6. Exactly what it feels like when your mission call arrives …
7. … The irritation when your missionary’s weekly email doesn’t come through …
8. … and the joy when your missionary comes home.
9. When you’re trying to guess who the new bishop will be …