The 2016 Rio Olympic Games are in full swing, meaning endless sports coverage of the world’s best athletes — and you don’t want to miss a minute of the action.
You live for the Olympics. And when the final day of the 2016 Rio Olympic Games come to a close on Aug. 21, you will have a hard time transitioning back into real life where, once again, there will be nothing to watch on TV. Here are 12 signs you’ve earned a gold medal in Olympic fandom:
1. You cried when the music video for the Olympic games theme song came out.
And then, of course, immediately purchased the song.
2. You downloaded all the apps you could find.
And thrive on the push notifications you receive all day long.
3. You aren’t even mad when the commercials come on.
Because they feature Olympians, of course.
4. You curse the internet whenever you accidentally see a spoiler on social media in the middle of the day.
Why do we even show the events in the middle of the day? This leads to you…
5. You consider quitting your job daily just so you can watch the Olympics all the time.
6. You find a strong emotional connection to sports you’ve never cared about before.
7. You relate to Aly Raisman’s parents.
We’re right there with you, Raismans.
8. You live for #PhelpsFace posts.
9. You get the Olympic theme song stuck in your head.
10. You cancel all of your plans so you can watch the Olympics at night.
11. You become an “expert” critic, commentator and judge.
12. You live in denial that the games will come to an end and you’ll have to wait four years for the next Sumer Olympics.
But don’t worry, its not over yet. See the Olympic coverage here.