During general conference weekend, many mission presidents hold mission reunions for their former missionaries. Whether it’s been a few months or many years since you returned home from your mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you’ll be able to relate to these 20 awkward moments.
1. Forgetting someone’s name that remembers you.
2. Sharing stories your mission president didn’t know about.
3. Seeing missionaries in street clothes.
4. Knowing too much about others even though you’ve only seen them on social media.
5. Being the only single one.
6. Your mission president asking you when you’re going to get married.
7. Your mission president suggesting you should date one of the single elders/sisters.
8. Your mission president asking you when you’re going to have kids.
9. Running into the elder/sister that had a crush on you during your the mission.
10. When you see all the mission couples that got married.
11. Awkwardly having to ask everyone for their first name.
So, it’s not Elder?
12. Finding out you have nothing in common with your fellow missionaries except the mission.
13. Being reminded of embarrassing stories.
Like that time you mixed up two close words that had completely different meanings and might have offended an investigator.
14. That person that doesn’t bring a dish for the potluck.
15. Forgetting the words to your mission theme/song.
16. Not knowing the last name of the recently married sister.
17. All the kids running around.
18. Hugging elders/sisters.
19. Sharing your awkward moments from when you returned home.
20. When you realize you don’t recognize half the people in the room.
But in the end, you’re just grateful to relive your mission memories.