Utah ranked as the second best state for summer road trips in a report released by WalletHub this week.
Oregon placed as the best state for a summer road trip with a score of 59.68, which narrowly beat Utah’s score of 58.35. Washington took third place with a score of 57.89.
WalletHub evaluated the 50 states’ road trip appeal on 22 criteria separated into the categories of cost, safety and activities. Utah ranked 17th, 7th and 11th respectively.
Utah’s subcategories rankings include:
- 3rd – Access to Scenic Byways (tied with Oregon)
- 30th – Number of Attractions
- 15th – Lowest Price of Three-Star Hotel
- 22nd – Vehicle Miles Traveled per Capita
- 6th – Driving Laws Rating
- 13th – Fatalities per 100 Million Vehicle Miles Traveled
In 2015, Utah took 6th place in a similar report from WalletHub. In the 2015 report, Oregon and Washington also placed well with first and fourth, respectively.
If you want to take advantage of these fun-filled Utah roads, get inspired by these nearby adventures:
- Take a hike in Bryce Canyon.
- Stay awhile along the Wasatch Front with one of these camping areas.
- Pull off the highway and discover these 15 fun stops along I-15.
- Take a look at these day trip destinations that dot I-15.