City Lehi Founded 1996 Employees 400 Industry Recreation/non-profit Website ThanksgivingPoint.org CEO
Mike Washburn, 61 The Company A nonprofit farm, garden and museum complex that draws upon the natural world to cultivate transformative family learning.
BLOWING US ALL AWAY: LET US COUNT THE WAYS
1. Thanksgiving Point is perhaps the most iconic landmark in Utah Valley.
2. It was founded by Alan and Karen Ashton, legacy members of our business community.
3. It has more than 1.6 million annual visitors from around the world.
4. It employs more than 400 people, both full-time and seasonal.
5. Revenue for 2016 was $23.3 million.
6. It hosts more than 50 family-friendly events annually, which enhance the local economy.
7. It has invested in hands-on education, bringing world-class exhibits to Utah County.
8. Those include Farm Country, Ashton Gardens, Light of the World sculpture garden, Museum of Natural Curiosity.
9. The Butterfly Biosphere will open fall 2018 and will be “unlike any experience available in Utah.”
10. Thanksgiving Point put the Point of the Mountain on the map.