City Lehi Founded 1983 Employees 1,400 (1,000 in Utah) Industry Technology/family history Website Ancestry.com CEO Tim Sullivan, 54 The Company The world’s largest online resource for family history and consumer genetics.
BLOWING US ALL AWAY: LET US COUNT THE WAYS
1. Ancestry is in more than 30 international markets.
2. It hosts the world’s largest online collection of family history records — 20 billion records, 80 countries of origin, 90 million family trees and 10 billion connections.
3. In 2016, the company had a valuation of $2.6 billion.
4. The company has 2.6 million paying subscribers and 5 million AncestryDNA customers.
5. The company’s website handles more than 75 million searches daily and has had more than 15 million app downloads.
6. It has more than 30 patents or patents pending.
7. The company is a partner on the TV show “Who Do You Think You Are?” where celebrities learn about their family history.
8. Ancestry has been featured on CNN, ABC News, Fortune, The New York Times, Wired, The Huffington Post.
9. The company’s management team, led by CEO Tim Sullivan, is comprised of seasoned executives with prior experience at Match.com, Martha Stewart Living, eBay, Novell and others.
10. Ancestry.com offers popular (and spittingly easy) DNA testing to consumers.