City Orem Founded 1941Employees 3,436 Industry Education Website UVU.edu President Matthew S. Holland, 50 The Company An open-admission regional teaching institution.
BLOWING US ALL AWAY: LET US COUNT THE WAYS
1. UVU is the largest public university in the state.
2. It has more than 36,000 students.
3. It offers certificate programs, 63 associate’s degrees, 75 bachelor’s degrees, 8 master’s degrees.
4. UVU’s annual economic output in the region is $391.5 million and $544.3 million at the state level.
5. Under Pres. Holland, it has completed or broken ground on 8 buildings on campus and purchased property in Vineyard (225 acres), Thanksgiving Point (10 acres) and Payson (30 acres).
6. UVU celebrated its 75th anniversary last year.
7. It is home to Roots of Knowledge, a must-see-to-believe stained glass display with over 200 feet of stained glass portraits of humanity’s pursuit of knowledge.
8. The university regularly supports and hosts community events.
9. UVU’s ROI for Utah is $8.04 for every $1 invested by the state.
10. UVU works hard to provide workforce-ready graduates to meet the demands and expectations of a diverse economy.