Remember 20 years ago, when going to work always meant leaving the house? Or even 10 years ago, when telecommuting was barely a thing? These days, office work is so 2007.
If you like the idea of part-time work (and extra income) but can’t feasibly work outside the home, you might try looking into jobs at one of these seven companies who routinely hire employees for work-from-home jobs.
JetBlue Airways occasionally hires full-time work-at-home reservations agents in Utah. Training is in Salt Lake City, after which employees work from home. Requirements include:
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) diploma.
- Two years of customer service experience.
- Able to type 25 words per minute.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Explorer.
- Flexible and able to work at any time, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Provide one telephone line and a high-speed Internet connection (minimum 256K connection speed).
To learn more, visit JetBlue’s employment page.
VIPKid (and similar companies SayABC, QKids and Magic Ears) hires work-from-home tutors who practice English with Chinese students. Because of the time difference between the U.S. and China, tutors usually work late at night or in the very early morning, which makes the schedule ideal for parents with kids still at home. Learn more at VIPKid’s website.
3. BYU-Pathway Worldwide online teaching
If you have a master’s degree (or bachelor’s for certain postings), you might consider applying to be an online instructor with BYU-Pathway Worldwide. Online instructors typically work about 10 hours per week. The hiring process includes applying to a course-specific listing, a digital interview and a two-week online training course. Learn more byui.edu.
4. Vitac.com Closed Captioning
Vitac.com provides closed captioning, translation services, subtitling, and audio description. Several positions offer work-from-home options. See a list of all current open positions at the Vitac.com careers portal.
5. Pinnacle Quality Insight
At-home interviewers for Pinnacle Quality Insight complete survey interviews from home. Requirements include:
- Ability to type at least 55 WPM
- Utah resident
- Able to work from home
Learn more at pinnacleqi.com.
6. Varsity Tutors
Varsity Tutors is a learning platform that connects students with personalized tutors. The company has free online learning tools and mobile applications that are available to tutors. To learn about tutoring job opportunities in Utah, visit this page.
7. Let’s Play Music
Let’s Play Music is a music theory course that teaches children musicality through play. The course specifically teaches piano, singing, classical music, note reading and ear training.
Let’s Play Music teachers offer classes in their homes on their own schedule. The hiring process includes:
- An application and video submission.
- An interview and video follow up.
- An in-person training seminar (held in Salt Lake City in June 2018).
- A $69/month fee that includes licensing fees, training seminars and materials.