CITY Provo FOUNDED 2002 EMPLOYEES 2,800 INDUSTRY Technology WEBSITE Qualtrics.com FOUNDER Ryan Smith, 41 THE COMPANY An enterprise platform that organizations use to collect, manage and act on experience data, also called X-data™.
MANY HAPPY RETURNS
- Remember that time Qualtrics sold to SAP in January 2019 for $8 billion, the largest private enterprise software acquisition of all time? Yup. We remember, too.
- Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide — including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools — rely on Qualtrics.
- Notable clients include Coca-Cola, Target, Microsoft, NBC, JetBlue and Disney.
- Qualtrics started 5 for the Fight, a movement that invites everyone to give $5 to the fight against cancer. Smith’s dad, Scott Smith, came up with the idea for Qualtrics while battling cancer. Ryan Smith dropped out of school to support his dad through radiation and to help build the business.
- Qualtrics’ X4 Summit has become rather legendary. Just take a gander at their keynotes from the last couple years: Lin Manuel Miranda, Barack Obama and America’s queen, Oprah. How do you top that lineup? You know we’ll be waiting to experience that data first-hand.