CITY Lehi FOUNDED 1983 EMPLOYEES 1,600 INDUSTRY Technology/Family History WEBSITE Ancestry.com CEO Margaret Georgiadis THE COMPANY The world’s largest online resource for family history and consumer genetics.
MANY HAPPY RETURNS
- Ancestry has good genes — and the records to prove it. It hosts the world’s largest online collection of family history records — 20 billion records, 80 countries of origin, 100 million family trees and 13 billion connections.
- It is in more than 30 international markets and has more than 30 patents or patents pending.
- The company did more than $1 billion in revenue in 2017, has eight offices around the world and has been awarded as a Best Place to Work by a variety of publications.
- The company has 3 million paying subscribers.
- The company’s website handles more than 1 billion searches monthly and has had more than 17 million app downloads. Ancestry.com offers popular (and spittingly easy) DNA testing to consumers. (A record 15 million have been tested and counting.) The company has become the go-to source for genealogy-related TV shows and media interviews nationwide.