INDUSTRY Technology/Family History
CEO Margo Georgiadis, 56
THE COMPANY The world’s largest online resource for family history and consumer genetics.
LOOKS LIKE A MILLION LUCKS (ALSO BUCKS)
1. Ancestry has the world’s largest collection of online family history records, and Blackstone acquired Ancestry in 2020 for a total enterprise value of $4.7 billion.
2. When COVID hit, Ancestry seriously stepped up. They have collaborated with qualified researchers and shared the genetic indicators that show who is more susceptible to getting COVID and who is more likely to have a severe reaction. They are also working to advance discoveries for therapies.
3. AncestryDNA made spitting popular. With geographic detail and historical insights, Ancestry connects DNA kit users with the places in the world where their story started.
4. AncestryHealth is a next generation sequencing product that screens users for genes associated with breast cancer, heart disease, colon cancer and blood disorders. This new DNA experience empowers users to make choices regarding their family’s health.
5. An Ancestry study showed 91 percent of Americans believe there are lessons from the past that can help change how lives are lived today.
Fortune Cookie Forecast
Understanding your past provides confidence for your future — both as a business and as an individual.