INDUSTRY Smart home products and services
FOUNDER Todd Pedersen, 51
THE COMPANY A leading smart home company in North America.
LOOKS LIKE A MILLION LUCKS (ALSO BUCKS)
1. Vivint Smart Home is one of the leading smart home companies in the U.S. and is the largest tech employer headquartered in Utah.
2. Vivint Smart Home did $1.2 billion in sales for 2019 and serves more than 1.6 million customers.
3. Earlier this year, Vivint Smart Home joined the NYSE as a publicly traded company. “That was a huge milestone,” says VP Nate Stubbs. “Obviously, it provides access to additional capital, but a lesser-known benefit is how it increases accountability. Watching the stock price really makes people think about what they do on a day-to-day basis and how they can do it even better.”
4. In 2019, Forbes named Vivint to its list of “The Best Employers for Diversity.” In 2017, Fast Company named it one of “The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies.”
5. Vivint Gives Back. Constantly. Since establishing its charitable foundation in 2008, Vivint has donated more than $18 million and 204,000 volunteer hours. More than 1 million children have been impacted by Vivint Gives Back.
Fortune Cookie Forecast
More homes be getting smarter by the day.