INDUSTRY Renewable energy
CEO David Bywater
THE COMPANY A provider of residential solar, battery storage and energy services.
1. Vivint Solar is on a mission to create a planet run by the sun.
2. They are a publicly-traded company that did $341 million in sales in 2019.
3. This year, Sunrun announced a definitive agreement to acquire Vivint Solar for an Enterprise Value of $3.2 billion.
4. Vivint Solar and Sunrun’s combined customer base is nearly 500,000. And with residential solar reaching only 3% penetration in the United States, the runway for growth is massive.
5. Founder Todd Pedersen —who also founded sister company Vivint Smart Home (#4 on this list) — has now created two companies with a combined enterprise value of nearly $10 billion.
Fortune Cookie Forecast Soak up the sun, people. This is just the beginning.