INDUSTRY Real estate/private equity
FOUNDERS Jeff Burningham, 44; Jamie Dunn, 44; Jeff Danley, 47
THE COMPANY An owner and manager of conventional, affordable, and student apartment communities in growth markets in the U.S.
LIME OF THEIR LIFE
1. Peak has acquired and managed $4.1 billion of apartment communities over the past 10 years and brings in $300 million in annual sales.
2. Peak and its affiliates own properties in over 25 markets in the United States — each of which were selected based on strict criteria and represent strong long-term growth opportunities.
3. The company employs 1,000 people all over the country, and the properties in its portfolio are the product of relentless due diligence. They maintain a broad sourcing network and productive relationships with brokers, property owners, developers, and municipal leaders in each target market.
4. The company was thrice named to the National Multifamily Housing Council’s list of “Top 50 Owners.”
5. Not only is Peak an Economic Engine, it is a fast-growing one. It has been a regular contender on the Inc. 5000 and on the UV50’s Fastest-Growing list.
SHINING MOMENT “I’m confident this moment is still to come,” says founder Jeff Burningham.