INDUSTRY Food and beverage
FOUNDERS Shauna Smith, 43; Andrew Smith, 46
THE COMPANY A restaurant investment, development and management company focused on emerging, growth-ready brands.
LIME OF THEIR LIFE
1. In the past year, Savory closed on not just one — but two! — $100-million funds. (Second helpings FTW!)
2. The Savory brand fam includes: Swig, R&R BBQ,
Mo’ Bettahs, Via 313, The Crack Shack and Pincho.
3. Savory’s annual revenue cooks up at more than $150 million annually — and growing. Savory plans to partner with 2-3 more restaurants in the coming year.
4. When Covid hit and storefronts closed in a day, Savory immediately innovated their processes to keep employees safe and the valley fed during quarantine.
5. Big picture goal? Buy, build and sell $2.5 billion in restaurants in the next 10 years. (Get hungry, Utah!)
SHINING MOMENT “Every time we close on a new brand or open a new store is a proud moment,” Shauna Smith says. “The energy, the humans, the experience, the happiness. My heart swells every time.”