INDUSTRY Financial technology
FOUNDER Ryan Caldwell
THE COMPANY A provider of money management software.
LIME OF THEIR LIFE
1. MX raised $300 million in Series C funding this year — the largest single round of funding for a private company in Utah. This increased MX’s market share to over $1.9 billion.
2. MX is growing rapidly and works with more than 2,000 organizations to harmonize the money experience and to empower the world to be financially strong. They launched a series of products including Open Finance Portal, Data Connectivity API, and Account & Identity Verification.
3. MX has doubled its employee count in two years to 700+ employees. Perks include unlimited time-off, 401k matching, fully-stocked breakrooms, onsite subsidies, massage, free health insurance for team members, generous parental leave.
4. MX has been a big supporter of the community and is always looking for ways to give back. From lifting up children entrepreneurs to supporting diversity and pride events to championing “girls who code,” MX is right on the money.
5. In 2020, MX was named a best place to work by Inc. Magazine. In 2021, it was named to the Forbes 100 list of the best private cloud companies in the world.
SHINING MOMENT “My pride in the company and our future is huge, but it pales in comparison to my pride in the company’s culture,” says CEO Ryan Caldwell.